Who is entitled to execute the disposition upon death of the deceased and/or to administrate the estate?

Testators can designate an executor in their will, who can wind up the estate.
In the case of acceptance subject to inventory, a special administrator may be appointed by the court.
This would for instance be the case if there is an executor who can’t declare that the assets of the estate are amply sufficient to pay all debts.